Wednesday, April 06, 2011

The Veggie Dog

So I have been a vegetarian for almost a month now and my true task, the one that will prove if I am in this for the long run or not, is still accumulating frost in my freezer. Yes, I am referring to the infamous Veggie Dog. If the regular "meat" hot-dogs scare you, imagine a blackened wiener you just know is filled with beans. ODD!

Actually, I don't even think it's the colour of the sausage that truly frightens me from eating it. It's the weird wrapping they decided to put the wieners in. Clear casing around with a clinical white cover etched with medical blue writing. Seriously? Might as well write "HOSPITAL FOOD" on it, because that is what it reminds me of.

OMG, doesn't this look just sublime?
Right now, though, they are resting calmly in the bottom shelf of my freezer, waiting patiently for me to try them out. I am scared though, they don't look like regular hot-dogs. I know most people are probably scratching their heads thinking: "He is afraid of veggie dogs but can eat the "real" deal without problems?"

When you've been raised eating meat, it's the other stuff that kinda gets hold of you. Now, if I had been born and raised a vegetarian, this blog would have been title "The Meat Dog" and I would be going on and on about how light coloured it is, and silky on the outside and how lucky that I have multiple brands to choose from.

But nooo, I had to be born a meateater and turn drastically to lettuce leaves and carrot tops. Aha, carrot tops!

So I guess I will have to confront the cold arctic winds that greet me when I reach the land of the Veggie Dog. Ugh, but they look so gross...


Candles are out,
Eleven's Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...