Monday, July 23, 2012

Grave Encounters: A Movie Review


Wow, I haven't blogged in so long. I am busy with the move, with the new digs, the summer. It's so easy to lose track of time and what we enjoy doing the most. So with this in mind, I'm starting the week fresh with new blog posts!! Enjoy!

Director: The Vicious Brothers
Starring: Sean Rogerson, Ashleigh Gryzko, Mackenzie Grey, Juan Riedinger
The Plot: A cast and crew of a Paranormal Reality Television show lock themselves in a psychiatric hospital that is rumoured to be haunted. The message on the door warned them. Death Awaits.
Review: I have not been this scared in a very long time. Last time I jumped in my seat was during the midnight screening of What Lies Beneath. I love scary movies but paranormal ones tend to send jolts of fear running up my spine. Grave Encounters is no different! There is a sense of claustrophobia as the group is locked in and they cannot escape. Darkness settles in, corridors spring out of nowhere, stairs lead to nowhere. Hair is touched, people are shoved, and time has no meaning. They don't even believe in ghosts - the psychic is a fake, the host a douche, and the cameramen are there for the money. When night settles in, skeptics become believers, and believers become victims.
Rating: 7/10



I'm not too impressed with the trailer but take my word for it - this movie is really eerie. The complete movie can be found on Youtube in HQ with french subtitles. Enjoy... with lights open.

Candles are out,
Eleven's Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...