Saturday, June 09, 2012

LDR SAT: NEW AKA

Just when I thought I couldn't get any more Lana Del Rey in my life, I stumble upon an article about May Jailer's album Sirens. You see, before Lizzy Grant ever became Lana Del Rey she was chirruping as May Jailer. This most likely places the album Sirens before Lana Del Rey AKA Lizzy Grant, widely thought as her first official album.

To the people who aren't fans, this is probably nothing to get excited about, but to überfans like myself - this is fan-fucking-tastic!

We get to see an evolution of sorts: from her whispering bird-like singing in Sirens, to her more soul-searching, raspy vocals in Lana Del Rey AKA Lizzy Grant, and finishing it off with her more angry, sadcore-hip-hop blend of Born to Die.

What sold me was the song Aviation. It speaks for itself.




More songs from May Jailer's Sirens:


westbound


birds of a feather

out with a bang

my momma


Check out May Jailer on Youtube to listen to all of Lana's unreleased songs!


Candles are out,
Eleven's Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...