Friday, January 06, 2012

Best of 2011: Rock Songs

To continue January's theme of Best of 2011, here is a little taste of the rock songs that have rocked the shit out of the past year!


Sail by AWOLNATION

This song is so good. There is something very retro about it. If Nirvana and Bush had a lovechild, it would most likely be this group. Not only does the song kick ass but the video is stangely addictived! I also heard it for the first time on my birthday! Anything birthday related makes it extra special :)



Make it Stop by Rise Against

Although they have gotten very mainstream lately, their lyrics are still really good! I first heard this song this summer at work, and I was really tempted to headbang - just a lil'.



When we Stand Togheter by Nickelback

I'm probably surprising a few people by including Nickelback since I don't really like this band but for some reason, this song really got to me. I love it. I play it on repeat. Like i'm doing right now.



Face to the Floor by Chevelle

For some reason, this band reminds me of my teenage years, working at KFC. I love their music and their new song that they released barely a month ago is - shocker - amazing!




Other notable rock songs that rocked 2011
  • Rope by Foo Fighters
  • Buried Alive by Avenged Sevenfold
  • Country Song by Seether


What was your favourite rock song of 2011?

Candles are out,
Eleven's Ink


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...