Monday, July 25, 2011

Jesus Murphy: Blog Story (27)

The Final Chapters
- Chapter 27 -
Doubts


Jesus was trailing behind, trying to catch up to his mentor. Madonna seemed to be walking faster and she did not stagger. Her behaviour indicated that she wanted to avoid Jesus and his questions. He decided he would back off and just try the best he could to fulfill the Agency's desires.

The narrow hallway was buzzing with excitement and Jesus barely noticed the man walking behind him until it was too late. The young soon-to-be-hero was yanked into a sideroom and was shocked to see Malcolm closing the door behind them.

"Uncle Malcolm...what are you doing here," Jesus asked, his expression changing from fear to joy.

"I wanted to talk to you before it all went down. I know I've been vacant most of your life, but I tell you now that it was against my wishes."

Jesus could detect the truth in what his uncle was saying. His palms lit up, indicating healing was needed. They glowed fiercely and Jesus noticed Malcolm examining them.

"There's nothing you can do for me now," Malcolm said, eyeing down the glowing hands of his nephew.

"You're aware of what I can do?" Jesus answered somewhat stunned.

"Yes. And I know what you are suppose to do. And I tell you now, Jesus, you have to listen to me," Malcolm wrapped his arms around Jesus and whispered into his ear: "Find yourself. And end it."

Malcom vanished just as Madonna walked inside the room. She was out of breath and her face lit up when she saw Jesus.

"What are you doing? We are waiting for you!" She said, holding onto the door and gesturing at Jesus to walk out.

As he passed his mentor, Jesus stopped and looked at her with a certain confidence he didn't hold days earlier. "I trust you, you know. I don't know why, but I believe what you say. You have similar abilities to mine, and I don't know why. I can feel people's mind as you can too. I wonder what would happen if I feel my own mind. In another Shadowland, maybe."

Madonna stiffened, something Jesus never saw her do.

"I don't know where you got such an idea, but it was proven to be dangerous. Can we stop talking and get going? Billions of lives depends on us."

Jesus nodded and walked out of the room.

"How was it proven dangerous?" Jesus asked.

Madonna closed the door and turned to face Jesus. With a very serious face she answered him.

"You're uncle Malcom tried. It killed him."

They lingered in silence only for a few seconds before Madonna marched up the hallway and Jesus followed her, confident in what he had to achieve but a certain shadow of doubt floated above him. He wished Martin would be here to guide him. Something about the way she spoke to him made Jesus feel on high alert.

She was hiding something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...