Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Cheap Gas on Dull Days


Merp. It's Tuesday, there's no holidays this week and it's super ugly outside. Add to that the fact that my burning relationship with someone very important to me has turned to ashes. I normally would feel crippled and sluggish but my day actually started out well.

I got to the gas station, which was busier than an anthill on picnic day, and was surprised with the good news that there was no more regular gasoline but that I could get supreme gasoline for the same price. Um, bonus!

So I walk (through a sheet of rain) into the store to pay for this super awesome deal when I'm knocked over by another (mini) super awesome deal. The man ahead of me had a gasoline coupon for $1.00 off with any purchase of gas over $25.00. He didn't put that much gas in so gave me the coupon. Doesn't sound like much, but the gesture was very much appreciated.

Rain kept falling and people kept coming in the store and by the time I get to my turn, the power went out. I'm just about ready to panic and drop my all-is-okay act by roaring like a hungry lion from the steppes of Africa, when the girl at the cash informs us that the machines still work for payment. Yes, not gonna be late for work!

Pay my gas, thank the lady, thank the man, walk back into the rain, run to my car, get into it, blast Lana Del Rey, and I get back on the road. Only to be stuck in traffic. I'm thinking lady luck wouldn't stop her streak just yet, surely not now, not to me... so I decide to give my shortcut a try and...OMG, made it to the bridge in five minutes! Lana sings about fucking her way to the top and I'm singing about speeding my way to the stop.

So I finally reach my parking spot only to find that it's full. Now I'm gonna be late. So I text my boss to say i'll be late and to my surprise I get a "I will also be late lol" text back. To me, that only means one thing: I have time to pick up coffee.

Finally, I get to my desk with my coffee, my smile, and a positive attitude.

That's how you turn a day around! :)

Candles are out,
Eleven's Ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...