Saturday, March 10, 2012

I Have Paruresis...I Think.


I know, I'm like WTF is Paruresis too! Here, let me explain.


I have a very common problem with my bladder. You see, if my body is around other bodies - scratch that - If I am anywhere near human population, my bladder will not relieve itself. It's like:

"Fuck you, I'm not evacuating myself here."

And since I also have other urinary problems - in which I have the major urge to pee whenever I drink any form of liquid, and can't pee while in a moving vehicle (train, plane) - I'm über limited in where and when I can pee. You can imagine the scenarios. And so I decided to do a bit of research that led me to Paruresis.

I was hoping for a physical diagnosis but upon discovering this very common ailment, I was surprised to find that Paruresis is a phobia mostly found amongst males. Basically, I'm not alone!!

According to wikipedia, it carries various synonyms such as: bashful bladder, stage fright, urophobia, shy bladder, and psychogenic urinary retention. From now on, I'm so using the last one!! They also mention the possibility of managing the phobia, but they suggest medication such a prozac and zoloft...

Um...yeah I prefer taking the extra time to find a single occupancy bathroom, thank you very much.

Candles are out,
Eleven's Ink





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...